Saturday, July 11, 2009

Secession – will the South rise again?


I never thought I’d seriously consider the idea of states seceding from the union. I’m not sure if it’s the highest form of patriotism or treason, if I’m even in favor of the idea, or that I understand how it would work. But the talk is rising; the momentum is building.

I do know that I can't stand the changes that the Democrats have brought to my country.

Any society or organization needs administration. Probably about 25% of resources should go toward infrastructure – security, finance, education and other administrative functions.

The U.S. is approaching 45%, and that’s way too high. Half the people will soon be supporting the other half. Some of that is military and police, teachers and other clearly necessary functions, but entitlements and unnecessary bureaucracy are rising fast. Environmental fanaticism and political correctness rule.

The people in Texas are openly talking secession. Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina should be right behind them. Throw in Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and a few other solidly red states, and we have a viable country. (Florida should remain with the California-Illinois-New York crowd.)

Thomas Jefferson said: “Whenever any form of government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government.”

However it works, I hope people have a year or so to immigrate to the country of their choice. If we lead the charge, maybe Atlanta can become the new nation’s capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment