Monday, June 8, 2009

To the Germans: I'm ashamed


I’ve been asked to speak in July before the German Society of CPAs in Munich about accounting practices in the U.S. I’m a little nervous because it’s a big crowd and my words might lose something in translation. And they want me to use a teleprompter, which I’ve never used before.

I plan to tell them how Americans used to enjoy freedom and trust before the statists brought us Sarbanes Oxley and the steamy pile of other regulations that waste our time, cost us a fortune and no one understands. So far I’ve got: “We didn’t want these regulations, they’re silly and unnecessary, and we’re ashamed that Obama is the President of the United States.”

I know this has nothing to do with why they asked me to speak; I just thought I’d use this platform to try to influence people who don't think on their own. The media will make me an accounting rock star. They’ll say: Rick is a talented debit/credit guy and he’s easy on the eyes, so he must be right!

Okay, I haven’t been asked to speak in Munich. Just thought it would feel good to put the shoe on the other foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment