Sunday, May 10, 2009

Getting ripped off


Funny thing, human nature. I would gladly give a stranger $100, but I’d risk my life to keep someone from ripping me off for $10.

I guess that’s why I get so upset with the direction of the current government. I’m glad to pay my share, but I am feeling increasingly ripped off by all the waste, fraud, stupidity and bureaucracy in Washington.

The government seems more interested in social engineering than the big, important issues such as Social Security, debt, illegal immigration, terror and increasing the supply of energy. No good career goes unpunished, while the Treasury is laid open to those who traditionally vote Democrat.

Here’s how it’s supposed to work. The government is like the dentist. While my dentist is a great guy and I thank God he’s there when I need him, I really don’t want to think about him except for an hour every six months.

If I could choose a government like I choose a dentist, I wouldn’t go to Dr. Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment