Saturday, May 2, 2009

Crazy Joe sick pack


I’m feeling a little sick. No, not flu symptoms, but a queasy hopelessness that the stock market cannot recover and our kids are in deep doo-doo as long as people like Biden and Obama run Washington.

Since January 20th, I have been telling myself that the U.S. economy is so resilient that, no matter how bad the government screws up, we will regain our footing. After a week of Joe Biden in the news, I’m not so sure.

Last Thursday, Biden said we shouldn’t board planes and subways for fear of catching the flu. Thank goodness no one took him serious. Last Sunday, the VP said the cure for the economy was green energy and government health care.

I grew up three doors down from the Bidens in Wilmington. It should be really cool to know a Vice President. So why do I feel achy and nauseous?

Can we quarantine Joe for being obsessed with political power, the spotlight and spending other people’s money?

No comments:

Post a Comment