Sunday, August 21, 2011

Obama rules like a teenager



My teenage daughter plans to take her first road trip. I offered her some advice, but she feels she knows all she needs to know. After all, she’s made scores of trips to school or the store without any accidents or tickets. She sincerely thinks she’s qualified.

Obama began ruling our nation like a teenager – long on confidence, short on experience. Despite his nontraditional upbringing, elite school education and never having held a real job, he was cocky confident that government should drive the economy. With his brand of social engineering.

I like the way Obama stays healthy and seems dedicated to his family. He’s clearly book smart and a gifted talker. I thought he was sincere. Even though I disagree with nearly all of his policies, I thought the American economy was resilient enough to withstand his lack of leadership experience.

But our economy is in trouble. Either Obama doesn’t see it, or he is hell bent on driving his agenda, regardless of the damage.

Both my daughter and Obama have sincere confidence that they can reach their goals. However, if my daughter has trouble on her trip through the friendly back roads of Georgia, she will seek help.

Obama is going the wrong way on a crowded Interstate in D.C. Instead of seeking help or changing direction, he just keeps accelerating.

No comments:

Post a Comment